“Death to House of Saud”
This is an indicator of the split between Persia and Dedan as detailed in Ezekiel 38.
Persia (Iranian) officials escalated their criticism of Saudi Arabia’s Hajj pilgrimage after at least 717 were killed in a stampede near the holy city of Mecca last week.
More than 130 Iranian pilgrims were killed in the worst Hajj disaster in a quarter century in Mina, an encampment outside Mecca. The Islamic Republic plans to sue the kingdom with at international legal bodies, Prosecutor General Ibrahim Raeesi said, according to state-run television.
The worst Hajj pilgrimage disaster in a quarter century is adding to the tension between Saudi Arabia and regional rival Iran, already on opposing ends in some of the Middle East’s deadliest conflicts in Syria and Yemen.
“The absence of accountability regarding the Mina disaster by Saudi officials is unacceptable,” said Hossein Amir-Abdullahian, Iran’s deputy foreign minister for Arab-African affairs. “Saudi officials must not attribute the mismanagement by those in charge of the Hajj rites to fate.”
Thursday’s disaster, in which more than 800 people were injured, was the second surrounding the Hajj this month, despite the kingdom spending billions of dollars on expanding and securing its religious sites.
Saudi Arabia’s King Salman said in a televised speech that he’s told authorities to review all arrangements for pilgrims. Crown Prince Muhammad bin Nayef, who’s also the interior minister, called for an investigation.
Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei declared three days of national mourning. The Saudi charge d’affaires in Tehran was also summoned to the Foreign Ministry, which conveyed Iran’s “strong protest” over the failure to protect pilgrims, the official IRNA news agency reported.